It is our school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in school-organised events outside normal school hours. We ask children to wear their shirts tucked into their skirts or trousers and to take a pride in their personal appearance.
Most uniform can be bought from local high street stores. Deansfield grey jumpers, cardigans, book and PE bags are available from JK Clothing, Eltham.
Our policy on school uniform is based on the belief that school uniform:
- promotes a sense of pride in our school;
- helps to create a sense of community and belonging towards the school;
- identifies the children with the school;
- supports our commitment to inclusion;
- prevents children from wearing ‘fashion clothes’ that could be distracting in class;
- is practical, smart and designed with health and safety in mind;
- is considered good value for money by most parents.
The Role of Parents
We seek parents support to ensure that their child has the correct uniform and PE kit, and that it is clean, in good repair with their child’s name written on all items.
Children who arrive at school wearing a non-uniform jumper or cardigan may be loaned an appropriate clean second hand item for the day.
White polo shirt with the school embroidered badge, available from JK Clothing. Plain white shirts, polo shirts or blouses from High Street shops can also be worn.
Grey cardigan or jumper with the green V neck stripe and Deansfield logo are available from JK Clothing. Plain grey jumpers and cardigans may also be worn.
Grey pinafore dress, skirts, trousers or shorts available from high street stores.
Black shoes or trainers should always be enclosed, not open toed, and flat or very low heeled.
No coloured trainers please.
If boots are worn these should also be plain black.
Plain black, white or grey short or knee length socks (not over the knee) or black or grey tights.
Socks are available from high street stores.
Green and white checked summer dresses may be worn in the summer term.
White round neck close-fitting T-shirt and black shorts with black plimsolls or trainers (please check that they still fit!). These can be bought from High Street Stores.
If you prefer, white round neck T-shirts with the school logo can be bought from the JK Clothing.
Black jog bottoms or leggings can be worn only if the children are having their PE lessons outside and the weather is chilly.
PE Kit should be available, IN SCHOOL, throughout the week.
Children are encouraged to bring in their PE Kit on Mondays and take the Kit home for washing on Fridays. Parents are advised by letter if a child does not have a PE Kit available for lessons at school.
Please provide an appropriate bag with your child’s name clearly marked.
Please do not send carrier bags into school as they present a health and safety risk.
Book bags and PE bags
Also, available from JK Clothing in the school colour with the school logo..
Jewellery, Hair Ornaments, Make-up and Nail Varnish
For health and safety reasons we do not allow children to wear jewellery. The exceptions to this rule are ear-ring studs in pierced ears.
Hairbands, ribbons/bows or ‘scrunchies’ should be plain. Hairbands should not have large flowers or adornments attached.
- Make up and nail varnish should not be worn to school.
- Extreme hairstyles are not appropriate for school.
- The school cannot be responsible for any jewellery brought to school.
- Smartwatches (watches which connect to the Internet) should not be worn to school.
Lunches should NOT be brought into school in carrier bags.
UNIFORM PRICE LIST
from JK Clothing
- Jumpers – all sizes £16.00
- Cardigans – all sizes £17.00
- White polo shirts – all sizes £6.50
- PE T-shirt £4.50 PE shorts £4.00
- Book bags £6.00 PE bags £4.00
Also available: black PE shorts, iron on name tags, plimsolls and shoes etc.
Orders can be purchased from the shop or made online (delivery charge payable)
Pre-loved uniform sales are held regularly.
If you have uniform to donate, please drop it at the main school reception. Thank you